Thursday 28 September 2017

You lift me up

This card was made for my husband this Father's Day as he's always showing encouragement and support to our son and I thought the sentiment from the Lift Me Up stamp set was appropriate.

Stampin' Up! You Lift Me Up card by Angela Lovel, Angela's PaperArts

To create this card I started with a Stampin' Up! Night of Navy card base and layered some Soft Sky card stock and Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper on top.

I then took a piece of Whisper White card stock and stamped clouds from the Lift Me Up stamp set in Versamark ink then sponged over the card stock in Soft Sky ink.  The Versamark acted as a resist and you can see the subtle white clouds in the background.  This was then layered onto a piece of Night of Navy card stock and adhered to the card base.  Here's a close up of the Versamark resist technique.
Stampin' Up! You Lift Me Up card close-up by Angela Lovel, Angela's PaperArts


To finish the card I diecut the hot air balloon in Night of Navy card stock using the Up & Away Thinlits dies.  A Dapper Denim baker's twine bow was added to the balloon.  The sentiment is also from the Lift Me Up stamp set and was punched out using the Classic Label punch.

Workshops and papercrafting classes are available - please contact me for details.  If you enjoy papercrafting and the Stampin' Up! products you may want to consider joining my team.  Click on the Join My Team link at the top of this page for more information or feel free to contact me to discuss the joining benefits if you live in Australia.

Thanks for visiting

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment