Thursday 21 September 2017

Ribbon of courage card

At some stage during our life we are likely to know a family member or friend affected by cancer.  I made this card for a friend and instead of using the traditional colours, thought I'd use some of her favourite colours to lift her day.

Stampin' Up! Ribbon of Courage card by Angela Lovel, Angela's PaperArts
Ribbon of Courage card by Angela Lovel, Angela's PaperArts

To make the card I started with a Stampin' Up! Thick Whisper White card base and layered some Fresh Fig card stock and Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper on top.

I then created the centre focal piece.  I stamped the sentiment from the Ribbon of Courage stamp set in Fresh Fig ink.  I also stamped the large floral ribbon onto some Whisper White card stock and die cut it using the Support Ribbon framelits.  I layered the Whisper White sentiment piece over some Lemon Lime Twist card stock and adhered it to the centre of the card.  I added the diecut Ribbon along with a diecut heart and leaves also from the Support Ribbon framelits set to complete the card.

If you're interested in making a card with the traditional cancer ribbon colours, here's the chart.
Cancer Ribbon Colours

To help raise funds for Cancer Council Australia, I will donate $5 for every Ribbon of Courage stamp set/Support Ribbon framelits bundle purchased from me between now and 31 October 2017.  So who's going to get this bundle and help support the fight against cancer?

Workshops and papercrafting classes are available - please contact me for details.  If you enjoy papercrafting and the Stampin' Up! products you may want to consider joining my team.  Click on the Join My Team link at the top of this page or feel free to contact me to discuss the joining benefits if you live in Australia.

Thanks for visiting
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment