Thursday 3 August 2017

Happy birthday

I thoroughly enjoyed making this birthday card.

Stampin' Up! Happy Birthday thinlits and embossing paste card by Angela Lovel, Angela's PaperArts

To create this card I started with a Stampin' Up! Thick Whisper White card base.  I then embossed some of the standard Whisper White card stock using the Sparkle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and layered it onto the card base.

To create the copper side panel, I used the Pattern Party Decorative Masks and Embossing Paste on some Whisper White card stock.  The paste is very easy to use and if you can butter your toast, you can use the Stampin' Up! embossing paste - just keep your palette knife flat when applying the paste and you'll get a nice smooth finish.  When the paste was still slightly damp to touch, I brushed some copper pigment powder onto the paste and it immediately adhered to the paste.  It only takes a few minutes for the paste to dry and lock in the pigment powder.  As an alternate to pigment powder you can for example use glitter, paint or ink to colour the paste. Heat embossing with Stampin' Up! copper embossing powder would also work too!  Once dry, I layered the embossed panel onto a slighty larger Basic Black card stock panel and adhered it to the left side of the card.

To complete the card I diecut the Happy Birthday sentiment using the Happy Birthday Thinlits die and adhered it to the card.

Workshops and papercrafting classes are available - please contact me for details.  If you enjoy papercrafting and the Stampin' Up! products you may want to consider joining my team.  Click on the Join My Team link at the top of this page for more information or feel free to contact me to discuss the joining benefits if you live in Australia.

Thanks for visiting

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment