Thursday 13 July 2017

Eastern Christmas card

I love discovering ways to use an everyday stamp set to create a Christmas card.  The Eastern Beauty stamp set and Eastern Medallions Thinlits Dies bundle is versatile and I made this "Christmas in July" card using this everyday set.

Stampin' Up! Eastern Palace Christmas Card by Angela Lovel, Angela's PaperArts

To create this card I started with a Fresh Fig card base.  I then partially embossed some Very Vanilla card stock with the Oh My Stars Textured Impressions Embossing folder.  I stamped Merry Christmas from the Flurry of Wishes stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and adhered the card stock to the card base.

I created the large poinsettia star flower by stamping onto Fresh Fig card stock using the Eastern Beauty stamp set and die cut it using one of the dies from the Eastern Medallions Thinlits Dies.  I added some 1/8" Gold Ribbon behind the star flower and adhered to the Very Vanilla card stock.  A Gold Faceted Gem completed the flower. I stamped and diecut three stars from the same stamp and thinlits dies set.  You will see that the stamped/diecut stars are the same eight point stars as those on the Oh My Stars embossing folder.

To create the diagonal border I diecut some Very Vanilla card stock using the Flourish Thinlits border die.  I then threaded some Eastern Palace Designer Series Paper through the border die and adhered it onto the Very Vanilla layer to complete the card.

Don't forget to take advantage of the July Bonus Days promotion from Stampin' Up!  For every $90 of products ordered 1-31 July 2017, a bonus $9 coupon will be given to you to spend in August.  For example, order $180 of products and receive two $9 coupons ($18) for use in August. There is no limit to the number of coupons you can earn during July 2017.

Workshops and papercrafting classes are available - please contact me for details.  If you enjoy papercrafting and the Stampin' Up! products you may want to consider joining my team and get an additional $121 in products when joining during July.  Click on the Join My Team link at the top of this page for more information or feel free to contact me to discuss the joining benefits if you live in Australia.

Thanks for visiting

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment