Thursday 18 August 2016

Moroccan nights birthday cards

I got to play with the Moroccan Nights stamp set at a recent Stampin' Up! team night (thanks Margi Sank!).  It was always on my annual catalogue 'wish list' and using it confirmed that it was a very versatile set.  Needless to say, I bought this set and also used it in my last post on the Seasonal Bells wedding card.

Here are the cards which I started making at the team night.  I started with Margi's base design - but made some modifications to make them my own by changing some of the stamps, design orientation and embellishments used too.


We started with either a Emerald Envy or Dapper Denim card base.  The medallion from the Moroccan Nights stamp set was stamped onto the card base. We then layered some of the Moroccan Designer Series Paper onto the card base.  The lanterns from the Moroccan Nights stamp set were stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  It's from here that I changed things around. I used the border from the Flourish thinlits set and the Striped ribbon to add an extra layer of interest onto the cards.  I also used the Stylized Birthday stamp set on the Dapper Denim card base and added a few Emerald Envy enamel dots.  I also made one portrait instead of them both being landscape too.

Dapper Denim, Moroccan Nights & Styzlied Birthday card.

Emerald Envy & Moroccan Nights card.

Both of these cards could easily be adapted by changing the sentiments to make the perfect Father's Day card.

The products used on this cards have been listed below - just click on the picture and it will take you to my online store where the product can be purchased.  Workshops and papercrafting classes are also available - please contact me for details.

Thanks for visiting.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment