Thursday 3 September 2015

Merry Christmas Shaker Card

The Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue launched on 1 September 2015 and as soon as I saw the gorgeous new Delicate Ornament thinlets in the catalogue, I knew I wanted to make a shaker card with them.


I used a classical Gold and White colour scheme for this card.

I first used the Precision Plate with my BigShot to cut one of the ornaments from the Delicate Ornaments thinlets set from Gold foil. The new Precision Plate is fantastic as it only took me one pass through my BigShot to perfectly cut out this very intricate Ornament.  I dry embossed the Whisper White card stock centrepiece with the Stylish Stripes embossing folder and cut out the ornament shape from the middle to make space for the gold Ornament.  I put a piece of window sheet under the ornament space, inlaid the gold Ornament in place and added some gold 1/8" ribbon and a pearl to complete it. I mounted the centrepiece on foam to form the shaker card underneath and scattered gold sequins under the Ornament. The Merry Christmas sentiment was stamped in Delightful Dijon and layered over the Ornament. The shaker centrepiece was then layered onto a Gold foil mat and mounted onto the card base.

The card base is thick Whisper White with a piece of the gorgeous Winter Wonderland Vellum Stack layered on top.  I punched some Gold foil photo corners and added them to edges to finish the card (refer to the My Tutorial section of my blog to learn how to make photo corners).

The key products used on this card have been listed below - just click on the picture and it will take you to my online store where the product can be purchased.  Papercrafting classes are available.

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment